Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tamara de Lempicka Reclining Nude painting

Tamara de Lempicka Reclining Nude paintingTamara de Lempicka Kizette on the Balcony paintingBerthe Morisot At the Ball painting
pal here and me just want a good view," Greene explained.
"Yes, sir, that's okay. Long's we keep the track clear."
"I didn't come just to watch,". I declared. "I'm going through Scrapegoat Grate."
The official laughed, and looked anxiously at his wrist-watch, told the athletes to crouch in single file, alphabetically ordered; as soon as the sun's rays struck the Turnstile he would blow his whistle at thirty-second intervals to start them.
"By George, you really want to try it?" Greene asked me. When I assured him that I most certainly did, he took up the notion as a splendid lark and vowed he too in that case would "have another crack at the old Turnstile," an event in which (in its rustic version) he'd distinguished himself as a young forestry-student.
But the official (Murphy was his name) grew red-faced and loud of chuckle at the proposal. "I'm awful sorry, Mr. Greene, sir! I'm not authorized to let anybody, try that hasn't qualified!"
Undismayed, Greene took a rolled parchment from his inside coat-pocket. "I reckon there's more'n one way to be qualified." He unrolled it triumphantly for the man to inspect. "This here's from the Grand Tutor, and says I'm a Candidate for Graduation. If that don't qualify a fellow, I'm durned if I know what does!"

No comments: