Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Albert Moore Idyll painting

Albert Moore Idyll paintingAlbert Moore Garden paintingAlbert Moore Apples painting
all he sometimes regarded the absolutely unselfconscious, like Croaker, to be the only real Graduates -- "using the term figuratively, of course. . ."
"Pfui!"Max replied, and Sear conceded at once that he didn'treally believe anything of the sort, though he certainly did admire spontaneity and animal innocence above all human qualities, despite his contempt for them.
"Who's nearer to being passed?" He included in a wan wave of the hand Croaker, Peter Greene, and myself. "Them or us?"
It seemed to me an improper question, presupposing as it did not only the evident similarity between the two professors but something significantly common to us eaters of popcorn. But I let it pass, both because Max himself promptly challenged it and because my eye was caught by a photograph of The Living Sakhyan and his retinue in a discarded newspaper near my feet.
"Innocence, bah," Max said.
"I agree, I agree!" Sear protested. "But it's sweet, all the same. Oh well, it's not, but it seems so to us ravaged post-Pre-Schoolists. I supposewe're the innocent ones, when we speak of great rascally simpletons like Greene there as being innocent."

No comments: