Monday, March 2, 2009

Paul Klee Heroic Roses

Paul Klee Heroic RosesPaul Klee HermitageRene Magritte The Dangerous LiaisonRene Magritte Donna
Thank you for telling me," said Rincewind weakly.
"Actually, they're rather good," said Twoflower, his mouth full. "I thought you liked seafood?"
"Yes, I thought I did," said Rincewind. "What's this wine - crushed octopus eyeballs?"
"Sea grape," said the old man.
"Great," said Rincewind, and swallowed a glassful. "Not bad. A bit salty, maybe."
"Sea grape is a kind of small jellyfish," explained the stranger. "And now I really think I should introduce myself. Why has your friend gone that strange colour?"
"Culture shock,.
"What's a canard?" said Twoflower.
"I think it's a kind of duck," said Rincewind from the far end of the long table. "Are these biscuits made of something really nauseating, do you suppose?"
"-and then we were rescued at great magical expense-" I imagine," said Twoflower. "What did you say your name was?""I didn't. It's Garhartra. I'm the Guestmaster, you see. It is my pleasant task to make sure that your stay here is as delightful as possible." He bowed. "If there is anything you want you have only to say."Twoflower sat down on an ornate mother-of-pearl chair with a glass of oily wine in one hand and a crystallised squid in the other. He frowned."I think I've missed something along the way," he said. "First we were told we were going to be slaves-""A base canard!" interrupted Garhartra
"They're made of pressed seaweed," snapped the Guestmaster.

No comments: