Friday, October 24, 2008

Steve Hanks Silver Strand painting

Steve Hanks Silver Strand paintingSteve Hanks Holding the Family Together paintingClaude Monet Woman In A Green Dress painting
Claudius. By the way, would you like to look at your accounts? It's been an unlucky year, as I wrote to you. Those valuable cattle dying, and the slaves stealing right and left, and the com-ricks burned. You're the poorer by two thousand or more gold pieces. It's not the steward's fault, either. He does his best and at least he's honest. It's because you are not here to act as overseer that these things happen."
"It can't be helped," I said. "To be frank, I am more anxious about my than about my money these days."
"Are you badly treated?"
"Yes. They make a fool of me all the time. I don't like it. The Emperor is my chief tormentor."
"What do they do to you?"
"Oh, practical jokes. Booby traps with buckets of water suspended over

No comments: