Sunday, October 5, 2008

Leroy Neiman Winter Olympic Skiing painting

Leroy Neiman Winter Olympic Skiing paintingLeroy Neiman Desert Inn Baccarat paintingUnknown Artist Ford Smith Depth of Meaning painting
the doorway, supporting herself with either hand on the jambs, saying: ‘Are you awake? Can’t you do something? Can’t you get something from the doctor?’
I rang for the night steward, who had a draught ready prepared, which comforted her a little.
And all night between dreaming and waking I thought of Julia; in my brief dreams she took a hundred fantastic and terrible and obscene forms, but in my waking thoughts she returned with her sad, starry head just as I had seen her at dinner.
After first light I slept for an hour or two, then awoke clearheaded, with a joyous sense of anticipation.
The wind had dropped a little, the steward told me, but was still blowing hard and there was a very heavy swell; ‘which there’s nothing worse than a

No comments: