Monday, October 13, 2008

Henri Rousseau The Football Players painting

Henri Rousseau The Football Players paintingPaul Cezanne Vase with Flowers paintingPaul Cezanne The Black Clock painting
But if I have “10 out of 10″ sleep, I feel like superman. My consciousness becomes crystal-clear. I feel more self-aware. And I get more creative work done than I would as a sleep-impoverished drone.
In this article I will describe five “unusual” sleep tricks that can give you that “10 out of 10″ super-quality sleep.
1. Dawn Simulation
As many of you know, melatonin is a key hormone in sleep quality. It promotes deep sleep, which not only makes it easier to wake up in the morning, but gives you that superman energy during the day.
Your body, however, only produces melatonin when triggered by a dark environment. And since this production occurs somewhat slowly, it makes sense to get a “head start” on melatonin production before actually turning in for the night.
The “trick” I use is called dawn simulation. One hour before bedtime I dim the lights

No comments: