Saturday, October 4, 2008

Edward Hopper Conference at Night painting

Edward Hopper Conference at Night paintingEdward Hopper City Sunlight paintingEdward Hopper Chair Car painting
floods of tears, begged me not to marry, then hugged me, gave me a dear little brooch she’d bought, and said she prayed I’d always be happy. Always happy, Charles! ‘It was an awfully unpopular wedding, you know. Everyone took mummy’s side, as everyone always did - not that she got any benefit from it. All through her mummy had all the sympathy of everyone except those she loved. They all said I’d behaved abominably to her. In fact, poor Rex found he’d married an outcast, which was exactly the opposite of all he’d wanted.
‘So you see things never looked like going right. There was a hoodoo on us from the start. But I was still nuts about Rex.
‘Funny to think of, isn’t it?
‘You know Father Mowbray hit on the truth about Rex

No comments: