Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav Klimt Sea Serpents painting

Gustav Klimt Sea Serpents paintingVincent van Gogh Self Portrait paintingVincent van Gogh Sunflowers painting
meters away, which I took to be the face of the display-screen. No matter: though I exulted at the recognition that I was unharmed -- indeed, relief made me feel strangely that fearful place, as if I were nestled at Mary Appenzeller's flank -- I lost no time confirming my rival's fate, but went at once to the lambent bar. No longer than my index finger, and as wide, it floated green and fuzzy as though in mid-chamber -- projected there, I assumed, by some optical means. I could only suppose it to be the preliminary question; and surely enough, through the lenses on my stick it resolved into five words:

ARE YOU MALE OR FEMALE

Curious inquiry! Had it not been established already that the GILES could not be female? But as I felt for the answer-button-box I realized that the question was more cunning than superfluous; I pressed the right-hand button. At once a different, longer question shimmered in my glass:

HAVE YOU COMPLETED YOUR ASSIGNMENT
AT ONCE, IN NO TIME

Reluctantly I answeredno, thinking that I had after

No comments: