Thursday, July 3, 2008

George Inness paintings

George Inness paintings
George Frederick Watts paintings
here. . .though I wouldn't have bothered coming if I hadn't thought you were up to some mischief. I suppose," turning to Anne, "that parrot of his is as profane as ever?"
"His parrot. . .is dead. . .I think," gasped poor Anne, who couldn't have felt sure of her own name at that precise moment.
"Dead! Everything will be all right then," cried the rosy lady jubilantly. "I can manage James A. if that bird is out of the way."
With which cryptic utterance she went joyfully on her way and Anne flew to the kitchen door to meet Marilla.
"Anne, who was that woman?"
"Marilla," said Anne solemnly, but with dancing eyes, "do I look as if I were crazy?"
"Not more so than usual," said Marilla, with no thought of being sarcastic.

No comments: