Monday, June 2, 2008

Bierstadt Bavarian Landscape painting

Bierstadt Bavarian Landscape painting
Monet Regatta At Argenteuil painting
Waterhouse waterhouse Saint Cecilia painting
Rembrandt The Return of the Prodigal Son painting
``Ah?''
``That's the reason I've come. He asked me to -- you see I'm in the firm.''
She looked slightly surprised, and then her eyes brightened. ``You mean you can manage it for me? I can talk to you instead of Mr. Letterblair? Oh, that will be so much easier!''
Her tone touched him, and his confidence grew with his self-satisfaction. He perceived that she had spoken
-107-of business to Beaufort simply to get rid of him; and to have routed Beaufort was something of a triumph.
``I am here to talk about it,'' he repeated.
She sat silent, her head still propped by the arm that rested on the back of the sofa. Her face looked pale and extinguished, as if dimmed by the rich red of her dress. She struck Archer, of a sudden, as a pathetic and even pitiful figure.

No comments: