Thursday, May 29, 2008

Evening Mood painting

Evening Mood painting
The Newborn Lamb painting
The Two Sisters painting
The Broken Pitcher painting
To our venerable benefactor Mr. Laurence I leave my purple box with a looking glass in the cover which will be nice for his pens and remind him of the departed girl who thanks him for his favors to her family, especially Beth.
I wish my favorite playmate Kitty Bryant to have the blue silk apron and my gold-bead ring with a kiss.
To Hannah I give the bandbox she wanted and all the patchwork I leave hoping she `will remember me, when it you see'.
And now having disposed of my most valuable property I hope all will be satisfied and not blame the dead. I forgive everyone, and trust we may all meet when the trump shall sound. Amen.
To this will and testiment I set my hand and seal on this 20th day of Nov. Anni Domino 1861.
AMY CURTIS MARCH
WITNESSES:
ESTELLE VALNOR,
THEODORE LAURENCE.
The last name was written in pencil, and Amy explained that he was to rewrite it in ink and seal it up for her properly.

No comments: